Saturday, August 16, 2014

Summer trip fun

Leavin in the morning - just a couple more hours - for our road trip

First we're heading to Toledo, OH to have lunch there at a BBQ place we found - look yummy! Then we're continuing on to Cincinnati, OH where we're going to hit up Entertainment Junction - a really nifty place that hubby found that has the Island of Sodor (Thomas the tank engine show) all set up with active trains and you get to play with them and interact with the island and the trains that more.... UBER neato! I've very excited to check this out and find out how little tyke will enjoy it. After that we're hitting up another BBQ place - but in Cincinnati - and we'll stay the night there.

Next day we're hitting up a seafood festival just across the river in Kentucky - oooo I can't wait to get a hold of the food there! Some lobsters (believe they're coming from Louisiana) and crawfish and scallops. YUMMY stuff! After that we're going to head to Tennesee and see if there's anything for us to take part in in Nashville. Then we're going to continue on to St. Louis, MO and stay the night there.

Next day we're heading to the zoo in St. Louis - it's rated #2 in the US so I'm really excited. They have 575 different species of animals. Plus there's a train that you can get on and off of which will save my feet cuz let me tell you they are SORE!!! I worked evenings yesterday and today and I ran my butt off today at work (2 admissions and giving a blood product to another person - but in a different area of the unit - so that = LOTS of walking.... which = VERY sore feet!). I think little tyke will LOVE this place.

I think we'll have lunch in Indianapolis (not quite sure yet!) then continue through Michigan all the way up til you can't reach any further and go visit family. I'm missing my mom - and little tyke is missing her nana and papa. Plus big brother is there and we miss him. Papa is supposed to be picking him up the next day so we get to spend a bunch of time together. That will be nice! I hope he behaves and leaves the attitude at home!

Then we have some down time to go swimming in the lake, 4 wheeling and hot tubbing - ok and some card playing with everyone (a bunch of mom's friends are also going to be there - ladies that I've known for almost 20 years so they're like my mom almost) and I get to love on my BFF and her little one. Lots of fun to be had! I can't wait!!!

And since I actually found my camera again (we loaned it to my BIL/SIL and hubby didn't remember and didn't believe me when I said we did) I might actually be able to load some pics of said fun. Til then, have fun but stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment