Tuesday, November 11, 2014

It's been confirmed, I'm not a hypochondriac

I went to the immunologist today.... good news is is that I'm not allergic to anything...

bad news - he agrees that "something" is up with my immune system - especially given my symptoms:

Hx of meningitis, recurrent abcesses
Inability of immunizations to stay active
Insomnia & excessive fatigue (I seriously have to sleep 10+ hrs to feel rested - and that's WITH meds to help me sleep!)
Joint pain - issues with my back, feet and knees



He asked if I had had any blood tests to check my immune system - I told him that when I had brought this up with my family doc I was told that he didn't want to - that he wanted to leave this up to the immunologist to decide. I would have been more ahead had I just insisted more - now I have to wait another 2 months (that's when I go back) to get some notions about what the hell is going on with my body. It's nice to know that I'm not crazy and that I'm not a hypochondriac (like my husband likes to believe! - he was a bit shocked when the immunologist agreed with me! It was awesome!!!!)



So I have testing to do - 11 tests in total - CBC, TSH, Immunoglobulins (G,M,A,E), ANF, ESR, C3, C4, CH50 - all baseline things that will give us an idea of what we're looking at or what further testing would need to be done.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a bitter-sweet victory, but hopefully the doctor can get a picture of what is going on so you can get back to feeling better. I pray that the L-rd heal you and that He gives you the energy and strength to go about your life.

    -BedpanAlley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I like the picture you put in your post :)

    ReplyDelete